Proceedings of IQAC Meetings
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The purpose of business education revolves around four major concepts such as: Production of qualified human resources, Training for a business and management career, Efficient management of teaching provision, and Matter of extending opportunities. A well-defined, formal, transparent, and credible approach towards quality assurance is the need of the hour to make the business education robust and industry updated. In India, implementation of a strong quality assurance policy at the Institute level has become a necessity owing to various factors like higher education reforms, directives by UGC/MHRD, AICTE and entry of foreign universities.
At Poornaprajna Institute of Management, we are committed to deliver quality business education of truly global standard to all the socio-economic sections of the society. Our approach to quality assurance involves both internal and external mechanisms that would help strengthen and align academic as well as administrative processes followed in the PIM, thereby achieving excellence in all parameters set by regulatory bodies. The quality policy will act as a guide to develop the quality assurance framework stating principles, guidelines, and procedures for implementation of institutional quality assurance system.
IQAC Will Facilitate / Contribute:
To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
To act as a change agent in the institution.
To better internal communication.
IQAC Shall Evolve Mechanisms And Procedures For:
Ensuring the timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
Improving the credibility of evaluation procedures
Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
Some Of The Functions Expected Of The IQAC Are:
Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the PIM;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
IQAC Will Facilitate / Contribute
Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
The following members constitute the IQAC Team of the Institute.
- Dr. G. S. Chandrashekhar
- Dr. Bharath V.
- Dr. Sureshramana Mayya
- Dr. A. P. Bhat
- Mr. Harish B.
- Dr. Naveen Kumar K. R.
- Mrs. Bharathi Karanth
- Mr. Ramesh Bangera
- Ms. Sanjana Nijoor
- Ms. Jackline Nikita
- Mr. Sudhindra S. Bhat