Anti- Sexual Harassment Cell
Anti- Sexual Harassment Cell
With regard to the Supreme Court Judgement and Guidelines issued in 1997 and the University circulars, Poornaprajna Institute of Management has set up an Anti-sexual Harassment Cell to provide an environment free of violence, harassment, exploitation and discrimination on the basis of gender, to all students and employees.
- To promote gender equality.
- To organise awareness programmes for the benefit of the students and staffs.
- To fulfil the directives and guidelines of the Supreme Court to create an academic environment that is free from sexual harassment.
- Receive complaints from any member of the college alleging sexual harassment within the premises of PIM.
- To conduct an enquiry of the complaints placed.
- To prepare a report of the enquiry and recommend appropriate punishment or action to be taken and submit it to the appropriate authority.
- Ensure that all information pertaining to the complaint, enquiry and proceedings are kept confidential.
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Dr. Bharath v Director, PIM
Mrs. Sujatha G.L Assistant Professor, Co-ordinator of the cell
Dr. Bharathi Karanth Associate Professor, member
Mrs. Prabhavathi K Office Assistant, member
Mrs. Anusha Assistant Librarian, member
DEFINITION OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
“Sexual harassment” includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts or behaviours
- Physical contact or advances
- A demand or request for sexual favours
- Making sexually coloured remarks
- Showing pornography
- Sexually tainted remarks
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
The rules apply to all students, teaching and non-teaching staff of PIM. The rules apply to all complaints filed by
- A student against a teaching or non-teaching staff or against student/students.
- A member of teaching or non-teaching staff against another member of teaching or non-teaching staff or student/students.
- A student or a teaching or non- teaching staff against a service provider if the alleged sexual harassment is reported within the premises of PIM.
- A service provider against a student or any teaching or non-teaching staff if the alleged sexual harassment Is reported within the premises of PIM
- A written complaint has to be lodged within one week of the incident.
- The committee shall start the enquiry at the earliest, not later than two days.
- The committee shall summon the accused for enquiry. If the accused remains absent for three consecutive hearings, the committee is empowered to give ex-parte decisions
- The complaint/s and the accused shall be given reasonable opportunity to present their arguments.
- The committee shall complete the enquiry at the earliest, not later than three weeks
- The committee shall prepare a report of the enquiry specifying whether the accused is guilty or not, the gravity of the offence, etc. and submit it to the head of the Institution/Management for further action in case of need.
- The committee shall maintain confidentiality on all the matters of enquiry and report
- If the complaint is false, show-cause notice will be issued to the complainant and disciplinary action will be taken.