IQAC Report 2018-2019
IQAC Report 2018-2019
IQAC Proceedings: Meeting on Thursday, 19th July 2018
A meeting was conducted at the Institute on Thursday 19th July 2018. Members present at the meeting are:
- Dr. G. S. Chandrashekhar
- Dr. Bharath V.
- Dr. Sureshramana Mayya
- Dr. A. P. Bhat
- Mr. Harish B.
- Dr. Naveen Kumar K. R.
- Mrs. Bharathi Karanth
- Mrs. Sujatha G. L.
- Mr. Santhosh N. Prabhu
- Mr. Shivanand M. Bhandarkar
- Mr. Joe Ashwin Correa
- Mr. Ramesh Bangera
- Ms. Sanjana Nijoor
- Ms. Jackline Nikita
- Mr. Sudhindra S. Bhat
Proceedings and Resolution:
- The resolutions passed in the previous IQAC meeting held on 27th January, 2018 was presented in the meeting by the IQAC Coordinator.
- Resolved unanimously to approve the resolutions of the previous IQAC meeting held on 27th January, 2018
- Members present discussed about the NAAC progress made by the Institute
- Resolved to have a separate presentation with Management about NAAC work done by the faculties
- Members discussed about the inauguration of various clubs for the Academic year 2018-19
- Resolved to have inauguration of various clubs for the Academic year 2018-19
- Members appreciated the Institute’s initiative in organising series of guest lecture expected the same to continue in future also
- Resolved to have guest lecture from different areas on a regular basis and to have more corporate interaction
- Members present at the meeting felt the need to have more extension and outreach activities to be arranged by the Institute for the benefit of students
- Resolved to have extension and outreach activities
- Members urged the need to have factory visit for the students
- Resolved to have factory visit for second year students
- Members discussed the need to have training programme for the benefit of non-teaching staff of the Institute
- Resolved to have training programmes for non-teaching staff
- Members felt that Alumni Association of the Institute should be registered. Also, there is a need for the Association to work more closely with the Institute
- Resolved to register the Alumni Association and to have Alumni Reunion
- Members discussed the probable date of commencement of first MBA classes.
- Resolved to have Induction programme for the first MBA students and to have welcome programme by the second year students
Action taken report for the IQAC meeting held on Thursday 19th July, 2018
|S No||Action Taken|
||To have NAAC presentation with management||On July 29, 2018 criterion-wise presentation was made by each criterion head in the presence of Dr. G. S. Chandrashekhar, secretary, GC, PIM and Dr. M. R. Hegde, joint secretary, GC, PIM|
||To inaugurate clubs for the academic year 2018-19||Different clubs for the academic year 2018-19 are inaugurated and competitions are held under the banner|
||To have guest lectures from different areas on regular basis||Series of guest lectures from different areas are conducted with eminent resource persons like Mr. Subhash Bangera, Dr. Ravindranath Shanbagh, Mr. Harish B., CA Shridhar Kamath, Dr. Ranjitha K. R. etc.
Marketing and HR students of second year also visited Radio Mirchi 98.3 Broadcasting station at Mangalore in October as part of corporate interaction programmes
||To have extension and outreach activities||As part of extension activities, PCRD organised a visit by second year students along with faculty members to Manipur Gram panchayat in November where they attended a lecture on ‘Solid Liquid Resource Management’. Faculty members and students of PIM celebrated the 65th National Co-operative week at The Shankarnarayana Milk Producers Co-Operative Society, Shankarnarayana in November
As part of outreach programme, students of HRD distributed sweets to the patients of CSI Lombard Memorial Hospital, Udupi on 15th August 2018, on mark of 72nd Independence Day Celebration. HR forum students visited the old age nursing home- OZANAM at Kallianpur, Udupi on 28th September 2018
||To arrange for the factory visit for second year students||Second year students along with faculty members visited Udaya Aluminium and Varun Plastics at Shivalli Industrial Area, Manipal|
||To have training programmes for non-teaching staff||A series of two training programmes for non-teaching staff of PIM was conducted with Dr. Krishna Kothai and Dr. M. R. Hegde as resource persons|
||To register Alumni Association and to arrange for Alumni Reunion||The Alumni Association of PIM was registered in November. Two preliminary rounds of Alumni meeting was held on 8th and 23rd of September, 2018 and the Reunion was held on 23rd of September, 2018|
||To have induction and welcome programme for first year students||Induction programme for the first year students was held on 3rd of October with HH Swamiji blessings the first year students.
Second year students organised welcome programme for the first year students on 23rd of October, 2018