The bottom line of any organisation is to end up with profits and this can be made possible with effective marketing. A strong marketing department is a pillar for the success of any business enterprise. It provides a competitive edge to a firm when products have little differentiation.
Keeping this in mind the Marketing Forum of Poornaprajna Institute of Management puts its efforts to create young and talented marketers. It aims at conducting a plethora of activities to enhance the knowledge and skill needed in the domain. The activities help in igniting the minds of the students to develop innovative solutions and strategies to enhance the satisfaction of the customers to stay ahead of competitors. The events are so designed to encourage students to participate and learn through experience.
Events organised by the Forum are:-
- Members of the forum display information relating to a topic on the noticeboard updating it every week.
- Corporate interaction session where experts in the field of marketing interact with the students to enhance their knowledge.
- Conducting field visits to have a practical exposure.
- Providing an opportunity to the students to participate in events and competitions organised by other B-schools.
- Conducting various events to all the students to instigate the marketing skills of the students. This provides an opportunity to use the innovative ideas to handle various real-life situations.
Some of the programs conducted by the club are as follows:
GUEST TALK /CORPORATE INTERACTION SESSIONS
- Corporate interaction session by Mr. Madan Kumar Kamath, Brand Manager, Oral Care, HUL, South Asia was organised on 20th April 2013.
- Guest talk by Sri Vinod Madhavan, Asst. Professor, TAPMI, Manipal, was organised on 10th September 2013.
- Guest talk by Sri Vikram Baliga, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Commerce, Manipal, was organised on 18th October 2013.
- Corporate interaction session by Sri P. Venugopal, Retd. Principal, Udupi division staff training centre, LIC of India, Udupi was organised on 8th February 2014.
- Guest talk by Prof. B.V Raghunandan, Associate Professor SVS college Bantwal was organised on 25th April 2014.
- Corporate interaction session by Sri Harikrishna Thodinnaya, Senior manager, Airtel was held on 27th November, 2015.
- Corporate interaction session by Mr.Vilas Nayak, CEO, Hanuman Group of Concerns and Spandana TV was organised on 17th August 2016.
- Corporate interaction session by Mr. Ravishankar B.S, Informatics, Bangalore was conducted on 11th November, 2016.
- Guest talk by Prof. Jagadish Acharya, IIM Calcutta was conducted on 18th November 2016.
- Guest talk by Prof. B.V Raghunandan, Retd. Associate Professor SVS College Bantwal was held on 9th February 2017.
- Corporate interaction session by Mr.Subhash Bangera, Partner, Anara Ventures was held on 6th February 2018.
- Corporate interaction session by Mr.Sathish Maiya, CEO, BPG Maxus, Dubai was organised on 20th February 2018.
Competitions held for the students of PIM
- Marketing Quiz competition was conducted on 9th April 2013
- Elocution Competition on the topic “Is Advertising Expenditure a Waste” was conducted on 27th September,2013
- B-Quiz competition was held on 19th March,2014
- Ad Copy Contest on the topic “PIM” was conducted on 28th March 2014.
- Elocution competition on the topic “Does Branding Influence Perception of Consumers” was conducted on 17th October, 2014.
- Ad Copy Contest on the topic “Say No to Drugs” was conducted on 12th March 2015.
- Brand Rangoli Competition was held on 13th April, 2015.
- Elocution competition on the topic “Modern Retailing-Challenges and Opportunities” was conducted on28th September, 2015..
- Quiz Competition was conducted on 16th March, 2016.
- Ad Copy Contest on the topic “Swatch Udupi” was conducted5th April 2016.
- Elocution competition on the topic “Ethics in Marketing” was conducted 3rd November, 2016.
- Ad Copy Competition was conducted on the topic “Save Water” on 14th February, 2017.
- Brand Rangoli Competition was held on 7th April,2017
- Elocution competition on the topic “AI in Marketing” was conducted on 30th August, 2017.
- Ad copy competition was conducted on 2nd March, 2018.
- MARKSPROUT 2K18 an in-house management fest was held on 17th April 2018.
- Ad Copy Competition was conducted on the topic “Election” on 2nd April, 2019.
- Brand Rangoli Competition was held on 11th April, 2019.
- Visit to Jyothi Hollow Blocks, Anjar , Hiriyadka was organised on 28th February 2018.
- Field visit to Papad Manufacturing Unit was organised on 18th March 2018.
- Visit to Radio Mirchi 98.3 was organised on12th Oct 2018.
- Visit to Sona Pickles was organised on 26th February 2019.